Monday, June 20, 2011

Frame it DIY...

So I decided to get a little crafty this weekend and I made these two frames for my oh so bare wall.  I had some old frames hibernating in the closet, that I had picked up from the thrift store months ago, so I decided to put them to good use! They were missing there glass so to get a new piece they wouldn't have been worth it, nor nearly as creative :)



 First I decided on a color, I went basic, cream. It took a few coats to get them fully covered.

 I picked up a piece of chicken wire from my local feed store and cut it to the size of the frame. I just eyebaled it, but measureing is a good idea :)

 After you have your chicken wire cut, it needs to be fastened to the frame.
 My frame had screw holes in it so I just attached the wire via the screws. Other wood frames you may have to just nail the wire in. In this case make sure your nail heads are big enough to hold the wire down.
 Then youre done! :) Find a cool photo to attach the the frame and hang it up!
 I found an old photo of my grandfather from 1961, he was a big fisherman and this was one of his big catches. I attached the photo with some twine, I wrapped the twine around the wire 2x and then tied it in a knot, allowing the knot to be seen.


This was super fun to make, but I think my favorite part was going threw the old photos of my family, you never know what you are going to find in those boxes of photos! Let me tell you I found some pretty hillarious stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment