I totally am a project lady and love having to scavenge for new items to create my projects. But sadly I fail to complete half of them, I'm not sure why but I usually end up with odds and ends that I never get around to bringing together. So this summer is a new summer and I am going to complete, finish and display!
My biggest goal to complete this summer would be making my very own handmade quilt! This is a huge project to take on but I am so up for the challenge. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for ideas at thrift/ antique shops around here. These two beaut's were found on my Arcadia birthday hunt I took last weekend. I absolutely adore the stitching on them. You can tell its all hand done which just adds to the uniqueness of the quilt.
Goal number two is something I have wanted to complete for a few years now, so this year is the year! I found this
wood grain rug via Elsie. Its so fun and unique but I think I am going to add a little personal twist to it and do chevron, although the wood grain is pretty beautiful too. So maybe two will be in the works!
I have a ton of cute ribbons sitting in my closet, and happened to stumble across this on one of my rainy day blog searches and thought what an awesome way to display all the cuteness that is hiding in the closet!
And the last item that I have on my list is learning/ making some homemade jam! For some reason I feel that this is a good skill to have, I mean who wouldn't want to have homemade jam on demand! My sweet grandma has already agreed to teach me, and I think apple butter and blueberry are on the to do list.
Photo by Hannah Persson
So do you have any projects lined up for this wonderful summer season?
Ps. Happy Independence day!
I love you! Keep posting!!
ReplyDelete